Sunday, September 30, 2012

Dogs


Dogs are funny.  Every day I laugh at some antic one of our three dogs has pulled. If you don't own a dog you don't' know what you are missing!
 
Our eldest dog Savvy (a lab) enjoys digging in the trash, has super smelly farts, and has a shortened tail because the tip was chewed off by a duck that lived in the pond of a rented house in college. Being ever the gracious one she would share her dog food with the duck. When things got a little hoggish, the duck would nip her tail until Savvy would scoot over. The next tenants at that house had a pointer and that duck was dinner within a week.


The middle dog Lola (a mini eskimo) was a pet store purchase. At the time we were unable to conceive a human child, so I figured a puppy was the next best thing.  She is truly a sweet little lady, but I have decided she is diabetic because she drinks until she pukes and still urinates at any time and location she feels the need (vet says not diabetic...whatever). She is quite fat,  though most of her exercise comes from digging incessantly in our flower beds


 
Our third dog is Kevin Bacon. Kevin recently came into our lives because Savvy is 16 and will soon be chasing rabbits in heaven, and Lola will need a friend to lean on when that fateful day arrives.  On a side note, Savvy seems determined to hang in there with the new guy around - thus we have three dogs for foreseeable future.  Kevin is our first boy dog.  Chad needed another man around the house.  Too bad we got the most sissified male Australian Shepherd that ever lived. He is literally scared of pillows. We adopted him at 16 months old from a family who told us he was very well trained.  And, he appeared to be so at first, but after living around our clown circus for about two weeks, I guess he figured, "screw it, I'm going to do what I want around these people because I can obviously get away with it." His name may seem odd, but it was actually a no brainer.  Our youngest daughter has a friend who used to call her Kevin, and she would answer like it was natural to be called Kevin. That led us to KEVIN, and well dogs love bacon sooo... KEVIN BACON! Really,who doesn't want to be one degree closer to him?!  


 
All of our dogs are great.  They follow me around religiously and are known at our house as my "pupparazzi." I haven't gone to the bathroom alone in 16 years.  I will miss the day I don't have all three of my furry babies with me.  Maybe I will get a ferret by then.  I hear they are hilarious and find money in hidden places. 

No comments:

Post a Comment