Thursday, September 20, 2012

Feed the Children


Feed the Children

Sometimes I wonder if I am doing it all wrong. Ask anyone who knows me. I don't cook. I don't know how to cook. I don't want to know how to cook. The closest I come to preparing a meal is pinning a recipe on Pinterest because it looks really yummy, not because I plan to make it.  I suppose I am secretly hoping one of my "culinarily inclined" friends will see that I pinned the dish and make it for my family out of pure generosity...or pity for my kids. (Megan, if you are reading this...)

I really admire the moms who put the hot meal out. I especially admire the moms who shop at places like Sprouts to avoid poisoning their beloveds with things like high fructose corn syrup and cow steroids.  Me, I go to Wal Mart. Not only is it cheaper, but it has the kind of pop tarts my kids like. I grew up eating out at a restaurant every night. Furrs was where we went to get our vegetables.  El Sombero was a staple in my childhood diet. I have definitely come by my lack of kitchen skills honestly. (thanks Mom)

In an effort to better my children's diets I do buy lots of fresh fruit. They drink the poisonous milk though, and I am making a vow right now that Lucky Charms will no longer be an option for dinner.  So until I can afford my very own in house cook (remember Mr. Belvedere?), my kids will survive on frozen chicken and canned veggies. They don't eat much anyway. 

2 comments:

  1. Heather - you know I will cook for you any time! You may have to come over after your Simply Sleep has kicked in though.... we are eating at about 9:00 on a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather - I am right there with you - I grew up on Taco Villa (obviously) and a 9 piece chicken tender and whopper from Burger King - and hell they gave me a PhD - so hell what is all this Organic food crap about - try living in Austin - I am the weird one to them

    we do eat lots of venison around my house thanks to my hunter :)

    ReplyDelete